HAZARDOUS AND OTHER WASTES (MANAGEMENT & TRANSBOUNDARY MOVEMENT) RULES, 2016
These have been published by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change in 2016.
1. The hierarchy of Hazardous and other waste is in the sequence of prevention, minimization, reuse, recycling, recovery, co-processing and safe disposal has been included because it should not be mixed with municipal waste.
2. According to the rules, source recovery and disposal of hazardous waste will be environmental as well as industry friendly manner.
3. It is first time prepared to differentiate between hazardous waste and other wastes.
4. The waste which is recognized as a source for recycling and reuse like waste tyre, paper waste, metal scrap, used electronic items, etc. are defined as the other waste.
5. Some kinds of wastes are prohibited for import. Due to this resource, the industrial processes will be enhanced and reduce the load on the virgin source of the country.