Answers to Questions no. 1 to 10 should be in 150 words whereas answers to Questions no. 11 to 20 should be in 250 words.
1. How will you explain that medieval Indian temple sculptures represent the social life of those days?
2. Why did the armies of the British East India Company - mostly comprising of Indian soldiers - win consistently against the more numerous and better equipped armies of the then Indian rulers? Give reasons.
3. Why was there a sudden spurt in famines in colonial India since the mid-eighteenth century? Give reasons.
4. Describe the characteristics and types of primary rocks.
5. Discuss the meaning and colour-coded weather warnings for cyclone prone areas given by India Meteorological Department.
6. Discuss the natural resource potentials of 'Deccan Trap'.
7. Examine the potential of wind energy in India and explain the reasons for their limited spatial spread.
8. Explore and evaluate the impact of 'Work From Home' on family relationships.
9. How is the growth of Tier 2 cities related to the rise of a new middle class with an emphasis on the culture of consumption?
10. Given the diversities among tribal communities in India, in which specific contexts should they be considered as a single category?
11. The political and administrative reorganization of states and territories has been a continuous ongoing process since the mid-nineteenth century. Discuss with examples.
12. Discuss the main contributions of Gupta period and Chola period to Indian heritage and culture.
13. Discuss the significance of the lion and bull figures in Indian mythology, art and architecture.
14. What are the forces that influence ocean currents? Describe their role in fishing industry of the world.
15. Describing the distribution of rubber producing countries, indicate the major environmental issues faced by them.
16. Mention the significance of straits and isthmus in international trade.
17. Troposphere is a very significant atmospheric layer that determines weather process. How?
18. Analyse the salience of 'sect' in Indian society vis-a-vis caste, region and religion.
19. Are tolerance, assimilation and pluralism the key elements in the making of an Indian form of secularism? Justify your answer.
20. Elucidate the relationship between globalization and new technology in a world of scarce resources, with special reference to India.